THE JFK AIRPORT MAP & HISTORY
The John F. Kennedy International Airport (originally Idlewild Airport) was built in New York City in 1942, over the tidelands of Idlewild Golf Course. The airport was originally designed to be one fifth of its current size and has continued to exceed expectations. The airport now covers almost 5,000 acres, and facilitates the operation of more than 80 airlines. You can reach JFK Airport by car, 15 miles from Manhattan, in Southeast Queens County, NYC.
If you are seeking a map of JFK Airport, they are easily accessible online.
There are more than 125 gates throughout the 6 terminals. See below for a quick description of the terminals and where to go for your flight. Each terminal differentiates between arrivals and departures by levels. The arrivals are always a level above the departures. You can find lowest rates and compare prices for long-term offsite JFK parking to find the best deals and services
JFK Airport Gate Map & Information
- Terminal 1 is at the Southwest side of the compound and includes gates 1-11 (different from Terminal 8 gates 1-16 in Concourse B, and Terminal 5’s gates 1-30). At Terminal 1, you will find the following airlines: Aeroflot, Aeromexico, Air China, Air France, Alitalia, Australian, Brussels Airlines, Cayman Airways, China Eastern, Eva Airways, Fly Jamaica Airways, Inerjet, Japan, Korean, LOT, Lufthansa, Meridiana, Norwegian, Royal Air Maroc, Saudi Arabian, TAME, and Turkish. The Security Checkpoint is located between the Departure Level and the Concourse Level. Terminal 1 and 2 connect with Green Parking.
- Go east to Terminal 2 (South side of compound). Here are gates C60-C70. The only airline accessed in this terminal is Delta – First Class/Medallion/Business Elite.
- Terminal 4, to the East of the compound includes gates A3 and A5, and gates B22-B39, as well as B20 and B41. There is a pet relief facility at the concourse level, near gates B30 and B33. Find the following airlines in this terminal: Air Europe, Air India, Air Jamaica, Arik Air, Asiana, Avianca, Caribbean, China Airlines, COPA, Czech, Delta, Egypt Air, EL AL, Emirates, Etihad, JetBlue, KLM, Kuwait, LACSA, Miami Air, North American, Pakistan, Singapore, South African, Sun Country, SWISS, TACA International, Transaaro, Uzbekistan, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and XL Airways. Terminal 4 connects with Blue Parking.
- Terminal 5 is at the East end of the compound, just North of Terminal 4. This terminal includes gates 1-30. There is another pet relief facility in this terminal, just across from gates 28 and 29. The airlines serving out of this terminal are Are Lingus, Hawaiian, and JetBlue. Terminal 5 connects with Yellow Parking Garage and lot.
- Terminal 7 is at the North end of the airport compound, and includes gates 1-12 (including a gate 11 and 11A). Airlines in Terminal 7 include Aerolineas Argentinas, ANA, Air Canada, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Icelandair, OpenSkies, and Qantas. Terminal 7 connects with Orange Parking.
- Terminal 8 Is Northwest, closest to the Expressway entrance. It includes gates 1-16 (excluding 9, and 15) in concourse B, and gates 31-47 in concourse C. Terminal 8 airlines include Air Berlin, Alaska Airlines, American, American Eagle, Finnair, LAN, Malev, Qatar, Royal Jordanian, TAM, and US Airways. Terminal 8 connects with Red Parking.
John F Kennedy Airport makes accessibility a priority for its customers. They operate a light-rail service, AirTrain JFK, which connects with the Long Island Rail Road and New York City subways and buses, as well as all terminals in the airport. This means that the airport is easily accessible to city dwellers without cars; however, they also cater to drivers, with over 15,000 parking spaces on the compound. The main parking is at the West end of the compound, past Lefferts Blvd. You can take the AirTrain into, and around the compound where you need to go. If you take the Van Wyck Expressway through the compound, you should be able to find parking at each terminal, within the center of the compound.